Do I need a referral to receive care?
No Chiropractors are general practitioner Doctors.
WHY THE "BRAIN"?
- Functional Neurology is a post-doctorate program in the field of neurology that diagnoses and applies functional therapies to increase the outcome of neurological disorders, such as: behavioral disorders, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, stress management, vertigo/dizziness, headaches, migraines, dyslexia, and many more.
Functional Neurology uses a variety of tools including eye exercises, vestibular rehabilitation, brain-based therapies, chiropractic manipulations, nerve stimulation, and sensory input to ACTIVATE the brain which can restore or greatly improve function even for chronic disorders. It also allows the patient to learn how to keep the brain young and ACTIVE, so they can prevent future injuries or difficulties.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE INITIAL FUNCTIONAL NEUROLOGY EXAM?
- In the initial exam, Dr. Seth will spend 45-60 minutes to thoroughly examine your medical history, perform in-depth bedside neurological and orthopedic examination, and administer other diagnostic/assessment tests that are applicable to your case. You will have a eye tracking and balance testing done as well as possibly other brain based testing to baseline your brain. These neurological tests/assessments help him better understand how the brain and many other parts of your nervous system are functioning.
He is trying to put pieces of a puzzle together so that he can provide the best care that is specific to your case. At the conclusion of the initial visit Dr. Seth will schedule a 10-15 minute Report Of Finding (ROF) to speak about the findings, the care plan, and the cost. All specified Brain Exercises will be given to each patient soon after their ROF appointment is completed. Dr. Seth will also send you, via your email, some at home exercises to improve your overall outcome. Chiropractic adjustments will be administered as well as long as there are no contraindications all at the ROF appointment.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING A FOLLOW-UP FUNCTIONAL NEUROLOGY APPOINTMENT?
- Dr. Seth uses every follow up appointment as a means to re-evaluate and monitor progress. He needs to see that the treatment provided and the prescribed exercises are making the improvements that are expected along with the chiropractic adjustments that are needed. Most follow up appointments last 10-15 minutes with Dr. Seth. The therapies as well will be administered during these appointments and may lengthen the time of set appointments.
DO YOU STILL PROVIDE GENERAL CHIROPRACTIC SERVICES?
- Of course we provide general chiropractic services. Dr. Seth provides a wide variety of adjusting techniques to address localized body pain and discomfort. Remember that body pain can be relieved from adjustments to the neck, upper/lower back, shoulders, knees, elbows, wrists, and ankles.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY INITIAL CHIROPRACTIC EXAM?
- Just need chiropractic care? We got ya! With your initial chiropractic exam Dr. Seth will perform a through orthopedic and spinal exam. If he believes that X-Rays or MRI needs to be performed he will send out the order to do so. Same as the Functional Neurology exam you will have a follow up Report of Findings AKA ROF appointment. At this appointment is when Dr. Seth will do a full adjustment as well as go over your specified care plan, pricing and auto insurance information if you have been in a car accident.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT MY FOLLOW UP CHIROPRACTIC VISITS?
- At all follow up chiropractic visits you will receive full chiropractic care and adjustments as well as any needed therapies that were spoken of in the ROF appointment. As well as relaxing on our roller tables before hand. What are added Chiropractic therapies? Again, it is specified to each patient but we offer TENS unit, VibePlate, Iron Neck, PureTork, Flexion Distraction table, RockBlade technique, Live02 and ReBuilder.
HOW MANY VISITS WILL I NEED?
- The patient’s diagnoses and neurological state and/ or spinal dictates the number of visits needed. The care plans will be discussed during the ROF (Report of Findings) after the initial visit. The care plan will continue to be updated according to the progress made at each follow-up appointment and the re-evaluations.
DO YOU ACCEPT HEALTH INSURANCE?
- Unfortunately your health insurance company is not up to speed with the most innovative therapies. They mostly still consider what we do as “investigational”, even though most of our modalities have decades of research studies behind them proving them safe and effective. Our goal is to focus on your care, not haggling with insurance companies.
DO YOU ACCEPT AUTO INSURANCE/ PERSONAL INJURY -AFTER CAR ACCIDENT?
-Yes! in the state of Utah you are allotted a minimum of $3,000 of care after an auto accident even if you are the one at fault. All we need from you is some auto insurance information and we got you covered from there. You can see more information on this here.
WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept cash, credit/debit, HSA and Flex spending.
Sign up to hear from us about new information, neurology breakthroughs, and events.